Sunday, April 3, 2011

Facebook for Media Centers

I have always enjoyed having a facebook account. It allows me to stay in touch with friends I have known for many years and get back in touch with some. When I first got the account I was absolutely addicted to it! Funny, that I never considered having a facebook account for my media center. I have seen other people have accounts for their businesses and there is even an account put together by parents to complain about decisions the school board is making! I have been leary about creating an account for my media center. But the more I thought about it, what a great way to let parents know what is happening on a daily basis. It is a way of keeping my school community informed of what is going on. Interestingly, the parents don't tend to check my school website but they go onto facebook. I created my facebook account for my media center. It was pretty easy to do since I already had a personal account. I advirtised it and am starting to get friends onto it. I am posting on a weekly basis what I am doing in the media center for each grade level. It is a great way to advirtise projects, activities, and fundraisers. I am enjoying watching it grow. It is just another extension of reaching out to my school parents to keep them informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment