Thursday, April 7, 2011

Schooltube vs. Youtube

I was trying to think of what to try next in the 23 things list. I thought about youtube since that is so popular for every age group. I have never spent much time on it but my 14 year son watches it all the time. I had heard from a colleague that there was something called schooltube for educators. The youtube site is blocked on my school computers so I thought I would try schooltube. I think I am addicted. What a great tool for educators and one that I can definitely use in my library. I thought a good way to utilize it would be for trainings. I can video myself giving different trainings, orientations, and tours of the library. It would be a great way to share new books or to just show students how to use the library. I could even use it to train students on how to use the card catalog system on the computer. The ways this site could be used are endless. I can even link it to my own website for people to view. It also would be available for others to view and get ideas as I have done the same with their videos on schooltube. This was definitely a tool that excited me almost more then any of the others. I am very anxious to continue using it and finding more ways to utilize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment